Skip to main content

Academic Transfer Credit Policies

College/University Courses - Transfer Your Credits

If you took college-level courses while still in high-school or while attending another college or university, we will need to see all transcripts to determine how many credits carry over to John Cabot University. 

Please review our General Transfer Credit Policy to get a basic sense of what you might expect to receive credit for. Final determination of your transfer credits will be made by the Registrar's Office via an official Transfer Credit Evaluation. 

College Courses Taken While in High School

Credit may be awarded if: 

  • You have received a grade of "C" or better
  • The course meets our transferability criteria
  • Course was not used to satisfy a high school graduation requirement

College Courses Taken After High School 

Credit may be awarded if: 

  • You have received a grade of "C" or better
  • The course meets our transferability criteria
  • The course was not graded "Pass/Fail"
  • Note: Online courses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis

Applicants and admitted students with college or university credit will receive a Transfer Credit Evaluation. This evaluation, prepared by the Registrar's Office, will be sent by each student's Admissions Counselor. On the TCE the Registrar's Office will flag any missing documents and/or any courses for which additional documents - such as course descriptions or syllabi - must be submitted for further analysis. 

The Transfer Credit Evaluation shows how courses completed at other institutions transfer to John Cabot University. Transfer students are encouraged to reach out directly to the Registrar's Office for any questions regarding the application of those credits towards a specific Bachelor of Arts program. 


Determining Transferability of Courses

Transferability of courses from students' current or previous institution(s) can be researched independently on the Transfer JCU Database (please read any specific course notes carefully). Note that an official evaluation of your transfer credits will be completed by the Registrar's Office once all official academic records have been received. 

Should you not find your school on database or should you not find a specific courses listed on a Transfer Guide, it does not mean that your courses will not be accepted. John Cabot University will accept and college-level coursework meeting the General Transfer Credit Policy. Reach out to the Registrar's Office directly should your school not be listed or should any of your previous coursework not be listed.