Skip to Main Content

Academic Transfer Credit Policies

Evaluation of Military Experience, Training and Courses for university transfer credits

Students who have completed Military Courses or Military Experience can submit a copy of their SMARTS (Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript), AARTS (Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript) or Coast Guard Institute Registered Transcript to the Registrar's Office. 

Consideration for the possibility of awarding credit will be given for any course or experience that has ACE credit recommendation.  

Information about obtaining your military transcripts



The Army uses the
JST/AARTS - Joint Services Transcript to document military training.



The Coast Guard uses the JST/AARTS - Joint Services Transcript to document college credit-worthy training. Before requesting a Coast Guard transcript, you must first complete an Application for Transcript (CGI 1561).



Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program

The Air Force uses the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript for documenting all college credit-worthy training received. Air Force-enlisted personnel should complete an AF Form 2099, Request for Community College of the Air Force Transcript, at the base education office and have the transcript sent directly to John Cabot University for consideration (Transcripts sent directly to students are unofficial copies and will be stamped “Issued to Student.”)

If you’re not located near an Air Force base, you can submit a written transcript request, including your full name, Social Security number, current address including ZIP code, and your military Enrollment Representative’s address where the transcript is to be sent. The letter must include your original signature because that is the legal authorization for CCAF to release a transcript.

Because the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission of Colleges (SACSCOC) regionally accredits CCAF, the Office of Admissions will evaluate the transcript just like it would any other transfer credits.

Submitting Military Transcripts to John Cabot University

Military transcripts should be submitted officially by the appropriate awarding bodies as part of your application materials. Transcripts will be evaluated and credits will be awarded, when applicable, in compliance with ACE guidelines.

Mailing address for air-mail and overnight deliveries:

John Cabot University
Attn. Registrar's Office

Via della Lungara, 233
Rome (RM) - 00165 - Italy

Email address for script-safe transcript submission: